Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Summer Made-its

We have been in school for a week now and as this should be our second week, we had school cancelled on Monday and today because of the hurricane. Not that it came here (southeast Florida), but we got tremendous amounts of rain from it. Lots of flooding and power outages. Fortunately I didn’t have flooding, however, I did lose power for over 24 hours. I was hoping to use this time off to update my blog. So here it is Tuesday evening and I’m finally able to sit down and share my pictures with you.
I blog stalked all summer collecting ideas.  I followed the 360 classroom at Clutter-Free, the Bright and Clear designs and Flipped signs at Ladybug’s Teacher Files and all the Monday Made its at 4th Grade Frolics. My classroom was green, turquoise, and black with polka dots. I kept the same color scheme but brighten it up a bit.
IMG_0358IMG_1142






           Before                                              After

I also made some new things:
A bunting for my window.  I saw many of these on Pinterest this summer.
IMG_1099       IMG_1127
These are boards I redid.  In the first picture I was inspired by Mrs. Bainbridge’s Class and remade my Language Arts Focus board headers.  Then I really loved the flipped signs at Ladybug’s and I made my own version.  Hers was round and I needed rectangular.  I was planning on purchasing my calendar numbers, but couldn’t find what I wanted.  So I ended up making my own numbers and month names.
IMG_1103       IMG_1130     IMG_1129
I also used the bright and clear alphabet from Ladybug’s Teacher Files. This was the first thing I fell in love with this summer and I worked off this for the rest of my room. The CRAFT board came from her too!
IMG_1131       IMG_1126
Well, as you can see I’ve been a busy little camper.  You will have to stay tuned for the rest of my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment